Monday, September 16, 2013

my own good fortune and the totally unrelated subject of Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus in her more innocent days


Sometimes I forget that there are advantage of having senior standing when it's time to schedule courses. I have no classes on Fridays this quarter. Having every weekend be a three-day weekend, except for the one  Monday-holiday weekend, when I have  a four-day weekend, is pretty nice.

This weekend is my final leg of internship at he lab, and it's only ten hours divided between the two days. I told my direct superior to schedule it however he wished. I'll find out on Friday night when I'm supposed to show up for work Saturday and how long I will be there.  Then I'll put in the remaining hours on Saturday and be finished. I look forward to the end of having it hanging over my head and to having weekends essentially wiped out, but the work itself is not something I mind. I could see myself doing something like that full-time for a living.

Right now I'm catching an interview with Robin Thicke's mother concerning Miley Cyrus' performance, or whatever you might call it, at the VMAs.  Robin's mother, Gloria Loring, was on a soap opera in the 70' and 80's, my mom said, and was (maybe still is) a talented singer.  All things considered, she was charitable in her comments, although she did comment that Miley essentially stole Robin's song during the performance with her on-stage actions.

I've never quite gotten the fascination the public had with Miley Cyrus. Speaking from a house made about 85% of glass and/or other equally breakable materials, I will say that I don't think she's terribly attractive, and that's with all the cosmetic enhancement Hollywood can provide. (Keeping things in perspective, I don't think I'm all that attractive, either.)   Neither do I think she has a pleasant singing voice. Shes loud enough within a limited range, but then, so are  whole lot of people.  Bottom line: were she not the daugher of an entertainer, I doubt most of us would have ever heard of her. That's just my opinion, though. Others are free to say her voice is the female equivalent to that of Josh Groban.

This blog has ended. Go now in peace to love and serve the Lord and to think whatever you want about Miley Cyrus.




2 comments:

  1. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site
    and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.

    Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently
    fast.

    My web-site ความดี

    ReplyDelete