Friday, September 6, 2013

frolicking in the sun like a couple of living Annette Funicellos; just no Frankie in sight yet

an example of some of the alleged frivolity we will experience tomorrow


My friend Meredith is here to spend her final days before going off to begin her third year of college. I still have another almost two weeks off. Don't feel too sorry for her, though, as she attends one of the prettier campuses in the U.S. with extremely mild weather.  It's just the idea of giving up the freedom of summer for the grind of acadaemia. She has a tougher year in terms of course load than I do, as I did most of the toughest work over the past two years. What she doesn't have -- just as no one at my university other than I will have this year --- is two separate senior performance major recitals. (Music education majors have recitals as well, but they're far less demanding.)  I therefore reserve the right to  pull the martyr card if I feel the need at any time between now and February.

I mostly haven't practiced since she's been here. I did get in an hour each of both piano and violin while she was sleeping, but that's barely scratching the surface in terms of practice for me.  I'll do what I can tomorrow and Sunday, but my best friend and I don't get to see each other every day anymore. I'll be lucky if I get to see her in December.

Tomorrow the boys and my friend Alyssa arrive, so we'll have the more typical "Beach Blanket Bingo" experience. I have enough  SPF 50 sunblock for all of us, and I have campus privileges and a dorm room, so we can find a nice shady spot or go inside and cool off. We'll have a nice day.

Sunday we're going to try surfing.That should be a laugh.

This blog is ended. Go now in peace to love and serve the Lord or whomever it is you choose to love and serve.


1 comment: