Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Traveling North and South Regularly

The people who have control of my life feel that I'm not yet ready to discontinue residential treatment, but I really want to participate in spring sports in my final year of high school. We have reach a time-consuming and expensive yet satisfactory compromise. I will fly home immediately before the first ahtletic competition of the week, and will fly back to my treatment facility as soon as is practical following the final competition of the week.I will miss occasional unimportant competitions. This plan is costly, but I've been told I don't need to worry about from where the money is coming. Regardless of whom is footing the bill, I'm lucky I don't have to worry about it.

Tonight I have absolutely nothing intelligent to say. My relatives would say that nothing is new in this regard because I never have anything intelligent to say. That's a subject for debate, but as far as tonight goes, I readily admit that such is the case. The frequent flying is frying my brain. I can't really explain why. I'm not even crossing any time zones in my flights.

Watching television is an activity that I seriously enjoy. My parents restricted the amount of time I spent in front of a TV in my younger years and would still do so now if I were around them enough for them to enforce restrictions. Still, I managed to be sick often enough in my childhood that I got in a fair amount of exposure. When I was injured last spring, for a couple of months I wasn't able to do much besides watch TV. i saw a lot of really good stuff during that time. "Leave Ir To Beaver" reruns are my favorite, but I also like, "MASH," "WkRP in Cincinnati," "St. Elsewhere," and "The beverly hillbillies." My parents consider all of these shows to be beneath contempt, but their viewing habilts leave plenty of room for criticism as well.

I go back home on wednesday of this week and fly back here on Saturday morning. My pseudorelatives will be here this weekend, and I will spend some time with them.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Leave it to Beaver was on UK TV, though I watched MASH (the version clean of the laugh track which was sold for foreign broadcasters) The Beverley Hillbillies and WKRP.

    Incidentally, there's someone on the Exmo bulletin board who is a Dr Who addict.

    ReplyDelete