Friday, January 25, 2013

Jalexis Duggar

Watching a repeat episode of  19 and Counting recently caused me to wonder what my life might have been like had I been born into the  Duggar family.  I can't see how it would have had possibly ended well. I probably would have packed my bags and moved out with Jim Bobs's and Michelle's blessings  before I had reached the age of two.

I never would have completed and passed off on the blanket training method.  Michelle teaches her babies to stay within the boundaries of a blanket by hitting the  poor kids' legs with switches to let them know that bad things happen to people who stray beyond their boundaries.  

Blanket training is in a way a metaphor for everything that the Duggars teach their children.  Fear the unknown. Don't think for yourself.  Stay within your assigned boundaries.  God forbid that any one of those nineteen kids should ever be truly independent.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I hear you. Though to be honest, if you were born into the Duggar family - you wouldn't be you - you'd have a different genetic make up and looking at their 19 kids, well, you get the idea I hope.

    Don't like the blanket training. That's just f*cked up in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faery Chaos is right. Chances are, you wouldn't have the intellectual wattage you were blessed with. Add that to the relentless religious indoctrination and isolation of life in rural Arkansas and you might actually be drunk on the Kool-Aid.

    I hope at least one or two of those kids breaks free and writes a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying this to be mean though there's no kind way to say it, but there is definitely a look the Duggars have - especially the male offspring and the younger girls. It's almost either a fetal alcohol or Trisomy 21 look, both of which I assume the Duggar children cannot possibly actually have. (I don't think Michelle drinks no matter what her state of fecundity, and I would like to hope even the Duggars are not so backward that they wouldn't have had a child with Down Syndrome diagnosed.) It reminds me a bit of Eli Manning, except the look is far more pronounced among the male Duggar offspring. (If you google Eli Manning, one of the first things that comes up is "Down Syndrome" or "Does Eli Manning have Down Syndrome?".)

    ReplyDelete