Thursday, October 3, 2013

this week has gone on for long enough and needs to end very soon


Would YOU really want to take your chances with what has been in machines such as these? I didn't think so.


I've been to every class, met every student or client, met with those for whose recitals I will provide accompaniment, and met my new piano professor, whom I much prefer over the last one. My issues with the previous prof were not personal, but she had a favorite student who was not I. I had to change lesson times more than once because he needed her time. The fact that i refused to change my piano recital date for his benefit was something she couldn't handle gracefully. It's much better this way.

My new piano professor is a doctoral student at USC who is functioning as adjunct faculty here. He doesn't have a lot of clout, but I don't need a professor with clout. My concert date and adjudication panel have already been selected. My grading will be determined by the panel. I just need someone who is good and can give me tips as I perfect my remaining two works. He plays better than my old prof did, so I trust his advice at least as much as hers. Also, I believe I'm his top student. I'll get a little more time and attention from him than I would have from the previous professor, who had another favorite, although I'm not looking for preferential treatment; I'll settle for being treated fairly.

My new professor is handsome and is twenty-six. I'm not certain for which team he bats. My mom asked why I would care either way. I'm fairly certain she thinks I'm crushing on him. For the record, I'm not.

I'm still at the dorm. I was social until about ten minutes ago, at which time I decided to pack it in for the night. I spent entirely too much time helping people with their chemistry assignments, but I really didn't have anything better to do.

I'm heading home tomorrow morning after I meet with my violin professor. I don't have regular Friday appointments with him, but he needed to cancel earlier in the week, and my head was still throbbing, so I was happy to accommodate his need for a change in schedule. I'll be out of here and back home before noon. i need to do laundry, and i don't entirely trust the residence laundry facilities. i know it's unlikely I'd every catch anything from a washing machine, and impossible to get pregnant unless I did something along the lines of having sex in the machine, which I don't plan to do. i can't know for sure that someone before me didn't do something along those lines, though. I'd have to run an empty bleach cycle before I put my own clothing or linens into one of those machines. It's easier just to take my laundry home. I actually have my own mini-unit, which isn't all that small but isn't industrial sized, in my bathroom, or I can use my parents' very large washer.

This blog is ended. Go now in peace to love and serve the Lord and to try not to retain the mental image of people having sex in washing machines.




No comments:

Post a Comment