Friday, March 16, 2012

Fruma Sarah Dreams

The play is getting loser and is beginning to get to me. I've begun to have dreams about Fruma Sarah, the late wife of the butcher Tzeitel is slated to marry until Motel and Tzeitel convince Tevye  to come up with a plan that will allow the two of them to marry. Tevye comes up with a fake dream that Fruma Sarah  comes to him from the dead in his dream and tells him that Tzeitel and the butcher will live together for just THREE WEEKS after the wedding until Fruma Sarah pretty much pummels Tzeitel into the ground. Our production's Fruma Sarah character is quite intimidating and is the stuff of which nightmares are made. Last night my dad had to come into my room and play his guitar until I could fall asleep again.  At least if I do "Bye Bye Birdie" or "Seussical," neither is likely to cause me to have nightmares.

I also like Brigadoon, although I have no particular part in mind. I really didn't have a part in mind with "Fiddler on the Roof," either. I thought maybe I could be the fiddler on the roof, since I can play violin, although I certainly didn't have my heart set on the role.

Opening night is Thursday. The change in actresses playing Hodel has made all the difference in the world. It all seems to be coming together. Maybe we won't look like bumbling morons, after all.

My mom's fighting mutiple kidney stones in her  right urinary tract.. I'm not worried about her attending  my play. I just hate to see her  suffer. She should probably take more pain medication than she does, but she's afraid of walking around stones all the time.

Please offer prayers or positive thoughts on my mom's behalf. Becca, if Rachel knows who the patron saint of kidneys is, we can be more specific.

Ego gobis valedico.

2 comments:

  1. You must be getting excited for opening night. All the hard work and preparation for your big moment. What are you going to do when it's finished!?

    Send your mom my sympathy. Rachel gave up internet for Lent, so next time my mom calls to get an "Abby Update" I'll ask her. ;)

    Oh yeah, my Uncle Jeff spilled the beans, the newest addition is another girl. Not that anyone expected it to be a boy any way, when you have 5 girls already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just offered a prayer for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete