Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trying Extra Hard NOT to Keep Up with the Kardashians

My friend Jared was channel surfing while i was working tonight. He settled on an episode of "Keeping up with the Kardashians." My dad is 100% correct that the commercials aired in the breaks are more compelling than is the program itself.

The Kardashians are pathetic actors. Their show seems incredibly scripted -- poorly scripted, but very much scripted. The characters are, for the most part, very unlikable and unrelatable. Khloe, her husband, and Rob are the only remotely tolerable characters on the program.  I force myself to like Scott Disick just because kris jenner pretends to hate him so much, but even that seems scripted. The plot lines are straight out of "Jumped the Shark."  Mr. and Mrs. Jenner are having supposed  affaires du couer with the cameras rolling. Who believes this nonsense? What possessed Bruce Jenner ever to agree to stoop to such levels?

Is Scott Disick even on the program anymore?

I'm convinced that I could get together with any one of my real-life friends or Internet friends and in less than an hour, we could come up with a script for a half-hour program on just about any given topic that would be both more realistic and more interesting that the garbage spewed forth by E! on this particular program.

No comments:

Post a Comment