Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Public Stupidity

On Sunday evening, my psuedoaunt's brother called my attention to a post-tournament ceremony or press conference or something of that ilk. The US open gold tournament had just concluded, and the winner was being interviewed when a rather odd creature with an apparently British accent popped in front of the camera and made unusual bird noises until he was dragged away. My feeling is that it made a rather dull moment at least vaguely memorable. Still, I have to wonder what wuld possess a person to behave in such a way.

I can see my brother or any of his friends doing something like that. While I try to live my life in such a way as not to call attention to myself, my brother is the complete opposite in this regard.  This summer he has a part-time job delivering singing telegrams. No behavior is too conspicuous for him.

People who call attention to themselves invite public scrutiny. This scrutiny greatly limits what one can do without others knowing or eventually learning about it. People with some personality types revel in having the spotlight focused upon them. Others are happier with the spotlight focused elsewhere, as much fun can be had in the dark.

P/./ There is absolutely no significance to part of the text having a darker background than the rest. i don't know from where that came. i may try to fix it when I'm less impaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment