Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cousin Made It Through Surgery

My cousin who just returned to the US from South America underwent successful surgery to remove a portion of his colon. It was resected without the need of a temporary colostomy. Things could still go wrong, but at this point things look good. My dad called his parents to let them know he was going in for surgery this morning. My dad thought they might want to talk to their son before the procedure, or at least might want to know how things went after the fact. They didn't. Their anger at him for leaving his mission early apparently takes precedence over their concern for his health. This makes me very sad for him.

My aunt (and his aunt) in the Isle of Man called to see how he made it through surgery. At least he has three uncles and one aunt and their families who care about him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your cousin is getting better. Here's something I just read that might help you get better, too. No this is not spam; it is about being female is today's world. http://freetheanimal.com/2012/06/no-ones-power-but-our-own-paleo-sexist-woes-and-an-invitation-to-rise-up-and-roar.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that all went well. Hopefully his recovery follows the same path. :) How much did they have to resect?

    ReplyDelete