Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Close Friend of the Family Passed

A close friend of my family left his mortal existence Thursday. This particular friend happened to be a dog, which makes his departure felt no less.

The dearly departed, otherwise known as Boogie Man Molnar, suffered an apparent brain hemorrhage
Thursday evening. His beloved immediate family was with him as he passed.  He went, from all accounts, very quickly.

The memorial service was held today, and I was lucky enough to be in attendance.  My parents were participants in the service. My dad played his guitar while he and my mom sang "Time of Your Life" by Green Day, which was reportedly one of Boogie Man's favorite songs.  My dad also gave the invocation. My pseudoaunt's brother gave the benediction, and my pseudoaunt's cousin eulogized Boogie Man.

My dad made the offhand comment that he had sunk to new depths in playing and singing at a dog's funeral. I believe he's actually risen to new heights.


Rest in peace, Boogie Man.

1 comment:

  1. I'd rather hang out with dogs than most people. I think it's entirely appropriate to give a beloved pet a funeral. RIP Boogie Man.

    ReplyDelete