Friday, November 12, 2010

I got my learner's permit!!!!!

I had my first driving lesson with a professional instructor, which means that I can now drive with a licensed driver over 21. I'll be eligible to take the actual driving test to obtain my license in mid-May.

My brother now has his actual driver's license. My parents let him get his learner's permit right after I was injured in the spring. My dad asked me if I had a problem with their letting my brother get his permit when I was physically unable to drive. It was difficult to give my OK;I wanted to tell Dad to make my brother wait, but I knew it would be a very selfish thing to do, so I bit the bullet and said to let him take the test. It was painful to watch him drive before I was able, but it was just one of those things I had to do.

Matt, I'm waiting with baited breath to read your next work of fiction.

Rebecca, I hope you're OK . Send out a smoke signal or somthing when you're able to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Alexis. And good luck with the driving lessons.

    The story is there on my Notamormon blog. It is a story set in Christmas week. And is based on something my father told me that happened in Birmingham, when he was a young man.

    ReplyDelete