Thursday, February 1, 2018

It's Time for Me to Get Out of this Place


I do not own this video. I express me appreciation to its rightful owner for allowing me to post it.




I had eagerly anticipated completing my pediatric surgery subinternship. It has since turned into something of a nightmare. I make it through roughly half of the surgical procedures to which I'm assigned without having to excuse myself and bolt for the bathroom. My supervising physician is being kind, or at least patient; he knows I don't want this to happen any more than he wants it to happen.


I'm working this weekend and early next week. Once Wednesday's shift is finished, I'm off for a lengthy break. I've mentioned earlier that multiple trips have been thwarted. I probably should go somewhere, but the weather in the U.S. isn't at its mildest, and my parents think I shouldn't leave the U.S. with my present health situation. It would be a bad idea to expose myself to a compromised blood supply in the not-all-that-unlikely event that I might require a transfusion.

I'm considering ignoring all common sense and going to a place where the weather is frigidly cold. I don't necessarily have to leave my hotel room once I reach it. I could find a hotel that guaranteed a nice view, then order room service for the next few week as I looked out the window and watched the snow gently making its way to the ground.  I need to find a hotel that owns a piano and grants access to it to guests who are skilled pianists.


the view I want to see from my hotel room window

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you go to Montana? I've always wanted to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Montana is nice, but it's not great for winter unless you want to participate in winter sports, which I do not. I like Montana in the summer unless I want to ski there. there are a lot of right -wing nut jobs there.

    ReplyDelete