Sunday, May 19, 2013

I Changed My Mind

Why pray for a person who is sick even if they're dying? What's the point? God knows the person is sick. God doesn't need anyone to tell Him that the person is sick. If God wants to make the person well, He can do it, And if other people's prayers would actually convince God to make someone well, how fair and just is God? A person who has lots of friends or Facebook friends gets to live, but the person who is quiet and does his or her job well and goes about his or her life doing charitable works quietly gets no prayers from other people, so that person gets to die, and maybe very painfully, because not very many people were praying for that person.

If that it how God operates, I want no part of Him. God, you know Jillian is sick. If you have the power to heal her, you can do it if you want to. It shouldn't have anything to do with how many people are praying for her,

It would be one thing if she were conscious and had the ability to ask for help herself. Maybe that would be reasonable. The stuff about how many other people pray for you seems arbitrary, sortof a popularity-based theology. If that's really the way you operate, I suppose Jillian will die.

If you are real and not like the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain, God, you can help Jillian even if 10,000 Facebook friends don't pray for her.

2 comments:

  1. I shared the link to your blog post so Jillian can get a few extra prayers. I'm sorry to hear she is going through a difficult time again.

    From what I know about Jillian, she has a strong spirit, and a strong will and she is pulling everything that she has to fight her condition. I don't know if that's God, or science, or just Jillian, but it's definitely something that shouldn't be overlooked.

    I really hope that prayer makes some kind of difference, even if the concept makes little sense. I've spoken to my priest about this topic, and he has agreed that even if prayer doesn't directly change to outcome of a situation, it may be helpful in other ways. Most of the time it seems that God is just an excuse that people throw out to explain away bad stuff.

    I hope that she is doing better each day and that she is able to overcome this, like she has so many times in the past.

    Love, Becca.

    PS: If you ever need to talk, you have my e-mail. Maybe we can Skype? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think...you can never send too many good thoughts, intentions, happinesses into this world that sometimes seems to be run by anger and hate. I'm an atheist with buddhist leanings, so I don't pray. But I can close my eyes and picture my love being sent to someone. God has zero to do with it. I have a friend who prays to her undies. She knows they exist.

    ReplyDelete