Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Take on Night Terrors and Panic Attacks

No one ever said that night terrors had to be realistic, nor did anyone with any real expertise in the subject suggest that the resulting panic attacks needed to be rational.  I'm now awake and sitting up in bed with my laptop while waiting for an Ativan to take affect. My heart rate was so out of control that my dad gave me a beat blocker as well. He's not heavily into over-medicating me, but even be thought 160 beats per minute was too fast for my heart to be beating for an extended period of time,

In my latest dream, which is how I ordinarily euphemize my night terrors, I was being chased through and couldn't find an escape from a smoke-filled attack by Fruma Sarah, a dead woman about whom Tevye lies and says appears to him in a dream sequence in "Fiddler on the Roof" in order for Tevye to explain to his wife Golde his reasons for reneging on a deal made for his daughter to marry the butcher, Larar Wolfe. Fruma Sarah is portrayed as a rather frightening character, but not like anything out of Nightmare on Elm Street..  The police officers from Venice beach were there as well, but instead of helping me, they were themselves wearing gas masks while blocking my exit from the smoky attic. Fruma Sarah didn't need a gas mask because she's already dead.

My dad is sitting in my room with me and playing his guitar. Sometimes that, combined with the right drugs, will help me to fall back asleep. I hope it works this time because I have two tests tomorrow. The material on the tests isn't something I expect to be overly challenging, but with sufficient sleep deprivation, nursery rhymes can become challenging. Whatever. It is what it is, and I'll fall asleep whenever the sleep fairy makes it this way and sprinkles magic sleep dust on me.


9 comments:

  1. What was the scariest part of the dream? Was it the smokey attic, or being chased? Do you think it was a sensory memory thing with you being trapped in that attic, more so than the actual dream itself? I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your mind was processing old memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, the ssmoky sensation was definitely the scariest part. matt, it probably was rehashing old memories. At least the flashbacks are fewer and further between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good that they're getting less frequent. They must be scary/freaky though.

      I tried to respond to you on twitter about Gertrude, but it wouldn't let me. Something must be glitching with it since they changed the format. Anyways, my school district preformed Seussical the Musical a few years back, so I'm mildly aware of Gertrude's plot purpose. From what I know about you, I think you'd make a great Gertrude. We're going through a Dr. Seuss phase here with Benny. The Lorax is coming out and he wants to see that, and his into reading the books and stuff.

      Delete
    2. Hi Alexis, Not sure if you receive messages from here. My name is Adam. If your still having night terrors, panic attacks. I would like you to try something that I found, has cured me of my night terrors, panic attacks, anxiety,. 4yrs free of the terror. What I"m about to tell you is no laughing matter, no joke! So please believe me it works! It's Hershey's special dark chocolate. Yes a candy bar, remember the name. Even a friend of mine, his sister is 5 weeks free of day time panic attacks. took my advice and is very happy. So Alexis, l encouge you and challenge you to try it. But remember if it works for you it will be a regiment for the rest of your life, half a bar every other day 3 to 4 hour before bedtime. Beats being on some nasty med's for life, long term effects are bad for you. Talk to your parents what do you got to lose but your night terrors, panic attacks, anxiety.

      Delete
    3. Adam, I still get messages from here. Thanks for the suggestion, dark chocolate is a little hard on my digestive system, but it it's only half a chershey's Special Dark three of four hours before bedtime evry other day, the damage in the form of acid reflux should be minimal. This is well worth a try, and i intend to try it.

      Delete
    4. I'm so very glad Alexis, you got my message. Yes I understand about your acid reflux. You will see a dramatic change, No more anxiety, night terrors, panic attacks. You will begin to have a smiling grind no more terrors in your life. A friend of mines sister, took his advice about me. Started a Hershey's special dark chocolate a daily regiment each day. She has claim cured, seven weeks free of day time panic attacks. She is so happy to be to free of the terror that has effected her life for so long! Before you know it, you will wanns be med free! Alexis, I would like your feed back hopefully with a smile Sign Adam.

      Delete
  4. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she retains the image of a user in
    his/her brain that how a user can understand it. Therefore that's why this post is amazing. Thanks!
    Here is my homepage Linden Method Scam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alexis, I for got to mention if you only get them like once a month give longer than two months to show it works. But if you get them quite often? Then you will show quicker results immediately, also monitor your anxiety you should be at ease and calmer. Take care. Alexis. Adam.

    ReplyDelete