Saturday, January 13, 2018

Fair Weather Friends and Family



I stayed in bed late this morning because i was sick during the night. my traveling v=compsnion, who had an adjoining room, left early with our shared rental car so tht she could hike elsewhere on the island.  As i was resting in bed after having tossed cookies for hours, an alarming sound came from my cell phone, which was across the from from me. I got out of bed to check it. upon checking, I saw the message pictured above.

I haven't a clue as to where to go on this island to seek shelter. It's not likely that this particular island would be the soecific target of ant ballistic missile, but with Kim Jong Idiot in charge, regardless of the intended target, the missile would be as likely to hit this island as any other. I was alone in a hotel room without a soul that I knew within miles of me. To say that I was frightened would be an understatement.

I telephoned my dad. He didn't answer. i telephoned my mom. She didn't answer, either. I texted both of them, but received responses from neither. I telephoned and texted two aunts and uncles, all with similar non-responses. I messgaed  a close friend. He ignored my messages as well.

My friend doesn't really owe me words of reassurance or anything else. I just thoughr, mistsakenly, it would seem, that we had the sort of relationship in which that sort of thing would be provided. 

My family, on the other hand, does owe me something. I've given plenty of myself to them.

Thirty-eight minutes later, we received through emergency text the message that the earlier message was a "drill."  We've since been told by authorities through the news media that the "drill" was human error. "Someone" pushed the wrong button. if such was the case, why did it take the goons thierty-eight minutes to compose the message that it was a drill, false alaem, or whatever they wish to claim it was? You accidenr=tally hit a button warning everyone in the islands that missile attack is imminent, so you immediately type a retraction. It's not rocket science, and it shouldn't have taken thirty-eight minutes. People on the mainline knew it wasn't legitimate before we did. Speculation is that it may have been a hack and that government officials are reluctant to admit such was the case. I don't know what to believe. They're all a pack of liars.

Regarding the responses or lack thereof from my family and friend, it reinforces to me the concept that a person should expect very little from anyone. If one expects little or nothing, one will not be disappointed ot hurt when little or nothing comes.

As a cautionary tale to "family" and "friends," if you are ever again in need of bone marrow, or if you need a kidney, or even if you need just a few words of comfort during a stressful time in your life, you might not want to count on me to provide it. It's possible that I am the same sort of friend or relative that you are.

5 comments:

  1. Aww... Alexis, I'm sorry you experienced that. I have felt the same way about people in my family. You could have messaged me and I would have done what I could.

    Glad you're okay now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Knotty. I'm fine no except for a colitis flare-up, but I was terrified between the two alerts. All I could do was f=hole up in the bathroom and hope for the best. If Celinda hadn't been out driving to our hiking destinationhiking, at least we could have been scared together. She was out of cell reception and didn't have her car radio on, so she knew nothing about it until it was over.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you and all those other people had to experience that. You also came to the same realization that I did at about your age. Don't expect anything (from others)and you will never be disappointed. It may seem a bit sad, but it is just another layer of self-protection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. If you expect little or nothing, you're pleasantly surprised when someone actually does come through for you.

      Delete
  3. website link internet you can try this out Full Report you can find out more my response

    ReplyDelete