Tuesday, June 9, 2015

One Down, Two to Go




Final Number One is history. Results won't be posted for maybe two days, but I'm relatively confident. Nothing caught me by surprise, and I had thoroughly studied everything that was asked. It's not in the bag until I've seen the score, though.

I slept late this morning. Final Number Two is tomorrow. I'm expecting it to be a bit more difficult than yesterday's final was. I noticed four people who were crying when I walked out of the auditorium yesterday.  We can usually take our exams anywhere, as it's an honor system thing (they've loosened up considerably since 1st Q.), but if nothing in the auditorium bothers me, I take the test in the auditorium with the hope that I'll earn a perfect score. If I do get so lucky, no one will have any cause to speculate that I was looking up all the answers. I wasn't even trying to look at anyone as I left, so probably even more than four were crying.

I'm never the first one finished but not the last, either. I've typically taken about 3/4 of the time that is allowed to finish the exam. It seems really stupid to miss anything over a quick mis-read or careless error. If I needed every last minute, I would use them with no embarrassment whatsoever.

At noon I'm meeting with a study group to prepare for tomorrow's exam. We'll have lunch, then study until about 8:00 p.m. I'll put in maybe two more hours on my own, and then I'll head to bed. I know the idiocy of which I am capable without enough sleep. I pity the patients who fall onto my caseload by sheer (un)luck of the draw when I'm an intern.


4 comments: