Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Migraine Vision, Among Other Things

I'm seeing things sot of like "Lucy in the Sky with Diamons."


I spent most of thr day at the hospital with the Godchild from heaven. Some people, including close relatives of mine, consider newborns a bit boring, but I find them fascinating. They've so recently come here from elsewhere that I can't help wondering what they know that they cannot share with us. Little Andrew is a joy in every sense of the word.

I'm coming down with a killer headache. I'm going to take migraine drugs and try to sleep it off. I hope to be over it in time to go to the hospital tomorrow, but if not, there's always Wednesday. Timmy and I don't fly back until 5:00 o'clock on Wednesday, and we're flying charter out of here, so we have no traveling to get to th airport or no TSA screeing to face once we get there.

The luxury if sleeping off a migraine or any other form of illness was something I took for granted before medical school Now I ordinarily have to be ill or injured enough to be admitted to a hospital  - and not a mere E.R. patient (as in if one or us checks in to the ER with symptoms of appendicitis or a kidney stone, it damned well better be one of those two things or something more serious or else) -- before it's permissble to miss a class or any other duty because of illness or injury, It's probably the rough equivalent to calling in sick from the front line of a major war zone when one is engaged in active military duty. Although some of my peers somehow find ways to miss classes. I think they're playing Russian Roulette with their continued enrollment in the program, but they probably think I'm playing the part of the OCD Queen of the Western Hemisphere.

Anyway, it's off to Loopy Land for me. I hope to return to some state of lucidity by midmorning.

3 comments:

  1. Right there with you on the headache. I've been fighting it since yesterday afternoon, and then this afternoon it went into full-on gnomes excavating my brain. Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tina. I'm almost alive again. I hope you are better as well.

    ReplyDelete