Monday, March 28, 2016

A Change in the Blog

It has come to my attention that some of my readers are uncomfortable with some  comments made in response to my blog. Most blog authors, I would assume, wish for the reading of their blogs to be light-minded experiences, or, at the very least, certainly not something that would increase anyone's level of concern or anxiety.  If comments by any given person have caused others to avoid visiting my blog site, the time has come to make a change of some sort.

I considered making my blog private, but that would in some ways defeat the purpose of my even having a blog. One reasons for which this blog exists is so that I might have a wider audience. If readers had to request my permission, most would not bother doing so. Furthermore, some people I want to read my blog are not registered at google or blogspot or anywhere else that would gain them access to this blog. 

I have decided instead to moderate comments and have changed my settings to include moderation of comments. 

I didn't make this choice in order to hurt anyone's feelings, and I'm very sorry if I do hurt anyone's feelings in the process. if former readers avoid me blog because of a single reader's comments, however, there's little point for me to have a blog.

Thank you in advance for you understanding. 

4 comments:

  1. Good idea and good luck with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with the tonsils and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete