Wednesday, August 12, 2015

TEETH!!!

Andrew's a lot cuter than this little guy, but it's a nice view of teeth.
This guy actually looks a bit like Andrew.

After about a month of trying to push the damned things through, and after three especially difficult nights, my little Godson has his first two teeth!  He looks incredibly cute with them. i would love to post pictures of the actual Andrew with his brand new teeth, but we don't post pictures of Andrew on the Internet, so I will, in his honor, post pictures of other babies witth their teeth.

Last night I paced the floor with the little guy from around 11:00 p.m. until somewhere between 2:30 and 3:00, when he finally conked out. He woke me up anout half an hour ago with a great big smile -- the first real smile he's had for days since's he's been feeling lousy -- and his two brand-new lower incisors.

Pushing those two teeth out has been almost like childbirth for this little guy. I could feel the teeth with my fingers when I massaged Andrew's gums, but they  just wouldn't push all the way through. His mom was worried his younger sister was going to get teeth before he had any at the rate he was going, but he showed her and  poked two of them out at once.  

Maybe teeth normally come through two at a time. I really don't know. Come to think of it, a baby would probably look strange with  asymmetrical teeth. I'm just so glad the little guy finally got through this. It's been difficult to get him to eat or sleep or do much of anything. 

We're celebrating by having homemade waffles with strawberries. Andrew's Uncle Joel, who is a dentist, sent Andrew's very first toothbrush already so it would be here when Andrew's teeth finally showed up.

I'm going to eat strawberries, go for a brief run, shower, and take a nice, long nap. I've earned it.


This kid looks like he probably has all 32 teeth in place by now; I just included him because he's so gorgeous.



more teeth

3 comments: