Monday, April 4, 2016

Adult Babies!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!



Why is it that I'm ALWAYS the very last person to learn about everything? I completed [and passed with flying colors] a physician training course  on mental illness. Why did I not learn about this in that course? 

What I'm concerned about not discovering or being told until an hour or so ago is the adult baby phenomenon. In case you didn't know, there are adults, possibly even living and breathing among us, who, in their spare time, dress up as and pretend to be babies. 

Isn't that the most bizarre fucking thing you've ever heard in you entire fucking life? Seriously, I may go wake up my parents as soon as I finish typing to ask them if they've ever heard of such a thing, and if they have, why they never bothered to tell me about it. 

I sent a message to Judge Alex asking him if he'd ever heard of it. I mentioned it to Knotty. She said that there are B&B facilities that cater to adult babies. They supposedly offer cribs. Are the cribs specially made, or do companies like Graco and Kolcraft make cribs for adults just like they make them for babies? Nuk pacifiers, I just learned, are made in adult sizes. 

Why stop at cribs and pacifiers? what about high chairs and strollers? I suppose a wheelchair would work as a stroller, but it wouldn't be quite the same.

I wonder what the adult babies do for diapers.  Do Pampers and Huggies make their products in adult sizes as well, or do adult babies  just buy Depends or those godawful Tena products, or do they purchase fabric by he bolt to make cloth diapers? I'm afraid that just thinking about this might give me a rash, an NOT a diaper rash, in case anyone had gotten the idea that I plan to practice this lifestyle.

Did you all know about this already?

If a certain person shows up here and announces that he or she is an adult baby, I will need electroshock therapy. I say this in all seriousness.

Just when I thought the world couldn't possibly get any weirder, it did.


4 comments:

  1. Have a look at today's post on my blog. There are links. The B&B I mentioned is no longer in business, but there are lots of "mommies" and "daddies" out there who will take your money and treat you like a baby if you want.

    And yes, just so you know, there are people who make a living building adult sized baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only reason I know about this is because I saw a preview for an episode of my strange obsession on tlc where the strange person liked to be a baby. I was also sufficiently horrified.

    ReplyDelete