Sunday, October 17, 2010

Still Waiting to Board

My flight should have departed about ten minutes ago, but they haven't even announced that first class is boarding, and of course we're not flying first class. That should have been one of my demands. I also wish I could have brought my golden retriever with me. My mom said that if one of their visits involves driving, she'll ask if it's permissable to bring the dog for a visit.

I expected to be mildly apprehensive, but not barf-in-every-available-trash-can nervous, which is what I am. Since the flight was held up anyway, one of my dad's physician colleagues with the military who has a security clearance is on his way to where we are right now with anti-emetic medications that are supposed to work immediately. I'll need them, because I may not be allowed to board the plane if I'm hurling even before the take-off. I can see the guy off in the distance in his Navy uniform, walking at a brisk pace. He can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned. The meds will probably make me sleep all afternoon, which will make sleeping tonight even harder, but at this point that is the very least of my concerns.

I hope my parents will at least allow me to go into the bathroom and use my laptop there into the early hours of the morning to avoid disturbing them in the event that I can't sleep, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The meds are tablets that dissolve in your mouth and the taste, while not something I'd choose to eat on a regular basis, is not overly obnoxious. At least I didn't have to have an injection.

First class is now boarding. Then it wil be the peons, which includes my parents and me. I may post later at the hotel if I'm awake and able.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Good grief!

    I hope your flight went well and that all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are keeping well. Remember, we are thinking of you! ;oD

    ReplyDelete