Saturday, April 12, 2014

Rest in Peace, George Donaldson



I should have taken the time to post this earlier, but I've procrastinated as I often do.

The Earth has lost a consummate musician and an even better human being. George Donaldson, the stately anchor singer of  Celtic Thunder, succumbed to a massive heart attack in his sleep on March 12. He looked healthy enough to me, although, perhaps because of his baldness, I would have guessed his age as older than the actual number of forty-five that it was.

I've seen him with Celtic Thunder in concert three times and have seen him on TV numerous times. I met him after two concerts. My parents knew him better than I did because they've worked with him on occasion.  He was a very kind person.  The world is an infinitely poorer place with his loss. Rest in peace, George Donaldson.


George Donaldson, February 1, 1968 - March 12, 2014

2 comments:

  1. What a tragedy. He sounds like he was a wonderful human being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The death of George Donaldson is an immeasurable loss, to the world at large, to his family (first and foremost) to all of us who admired his graciousness and his huge talent. It is a gain only for God who wanted him home with Him. From his home in Scotland he was aware of so much that happened in the world including the death of Harry Chapin who was another of my favorite artists. I hope they have met, now, and are entertaining the crowd in heaven.

    ReplyDelete